The Burnett Group has a strong focus on staff training and development. Each year the company holds two Staff Workshops, the second one usually coincideing with the annual Colt Challenge. The aim of these workshops is to assist employees with developing both their practical work skills, as well as their own personal development. Some of the areas that have been covered in previous years include:
Practical Skill Workshops:
– How Things Work: Mechanics, Windmills and Engineering
– Shoeing: Bill Hutton Shoeing School
– Horsemanship: Rob Durkin Breaking In School
– Cattle: Live Animal Assessment and Disease
– Welding and Fabrication
Personal Skill Workshops:
– Communication: with Gryphon Psychology
– Decision Making: with Terra Firma Consulting
– Finance and Investments: with Brennan Mayne Agribusiness
– Budgeting: with Grazing Best Prac
What our past employees say?
"I worked with the Burnett Group for over 5 years and can not speak highly enough of the support and guidance that I received in this time. I was initially employed as a Stationhand, however then moved into the Headstockman position at Frankfield. My partner Holly and I were sad to leave, but we have left with a great memories and the knowledge to pursue other interests in the beef cattle industry."