3Experienced Couple or Single Stockmen and Women required for a 2021 Start
This varied opportunity is best suited to either an established working couple, or a single man or woman wishing to develop themselves and their career in the agricultural industry. People who are keen to learn, self-motivated, effective communicators and can work together in a team with others should apply. A strong interest in the cattle industry is a must.
The job is located only 35km North from Clermont at ‘Bendemeer’, where we undertake special breeding programs with bull breeding, here we run an established beef cattle growing and finishing aggregation there also. The business operates 3 properties, two cattle stations, one at Alpha and one mixed farming block near to Bendemeer, due to this work can be at the varied locations at times (all within a few hours’ drive). Someone with experience in both realms beef and farming would be favourable.
Important aspects of the role:
Mustering on horseback and motorbike, drafting, weaning, marking, vaccinating and other aspects of animal husbandry.
Monitoring health and condition of livestock, shoeing and health of horses and other animals.
Monitoring pastures, water and fodder supplies.
Conducting general cattle farming/station operations.
Maintaining plant and vehicle functionality; diesel generators and solar systems.
Operation of plant and equipment to minimize maintenance required.
Efficient, effective and timely maintenance of fences, equipment and water supplies.
Managing, planning and communicating with management.
Participation in all aspects of station life to ensure a safe and harmonious team.
Experience & Licence requirements:
At least 2 years of livestock industry experience.
Low stress stock handling competence.
Demonstrated ability to operate heavy machinery, including farming operating experience, would be ideal.
Demonstrated machinery maintenance experience.
Demonstrated ability to maintain water supplies; particularly bores, windmills and pumps.
Auto electrical experience will be highly regarded.
Current manual motor vehicle licence essential; preferably truck.
If you are interested about this job, please contact Doug Burnett at email@example.com or 0749835175 / 0427030883
Stockwomen and Stockmen Needed for the 2021 season and beyond
Exciting, dynamic and career enhancing positions are available for Stockpeople to commence work in late January 2021. All positions are at Frankfield Station, 110km North of Clermont.
Frankfield is a large family owned cattle station spanning over 168,000acres, here we specialise in breeding, growing, and finishing grass-fed cattle and we need an energetic and goals focused team to continue with success in 2021.
It is favourable that applicants are capable of riding horses, motorbikes and have cattle handling experience, as this is a very large component of the position.
The position involves all facets of low-stress cattle handling, including branding, drafting and processing, as well as all facets of general station duties including fencing, welding and general property maintenance. The position will involve working in a team of up to 8 others, under the leadership of station management.
The successful applicant will also be required to shoe and care for their own plant horses, as well as educate a young horse as part of horse succession into the plant and to compete at the Burnett Group Colt Challenge 2021
Applicants must have demonstrated self-motivation, honesty, reliability, willingness to work long days when required and be able to work well in a team environment. Ongoing training and support will be provided by other station employees as well as the management team.
Modern, furnished, air-conditioned single accommodation, wireless internet, phone, electricity, full board and keep is provided.
Remuneration will be based on experience and will be adjusted accordingly after a 3-month trial. The Burnett Group of Companies offers above-award wages and will develop a customised wage package to suit the successful applicant.
If you are interested about this job, please contact Malcom Flohr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0749835145 / 0437310404
Working couple required for January
This dynamic and career developing opportunity is best suited to an established working couple (a Full Time and a Casual Role) are available for a January 2021 start. People who are keen to learn, work together in a team for the best outcomes and develop their career in the livestock industry should apply.
Situated on a family owned cattle station ‘Mt Hope’, 195km north of Clermont, 215km South of Charters Towers on the Belyando River.
The 50,000ac property runs approx. 4500hd of livestock and is part of a larger aggregation which would require travel at times to work on other properties only 2 hrs drive away.
There will be full-time work for the male and casual work for the partner which will consist of providing childcare for the managers children to enable their work program. In Home Care qualifications are necessary for success (see Childcare Position Description). Should the opportunity arise, there will be outside station work for the partner as well sometimes on a full-time basis during the busy times. Other work may be available nearby, with a roadhouse/restaurant only 16km down the road and other employment may be available on surrounding stations.
Accommodation is private, fully furnished, fully airconditioned with split systems in all rooms and very well maintained. The 3-bedroom cottage is fully fenced with detached 2 bay undercover carport, reliable satellite internet is connected, Telstra home phone connection and satellite TV is supplied.
Beginning remuneration will be based on experience and determined during a 3-month trial period. Included with the wage is meat, power, domestic supplies, internet and phone connection. For the partner a casual rate will need to be determined, this will be based on the In Home Care Scheme for childcare duties and when doing station work a casual day rate will be agreed and will be in relation to experience.
The Full Time Role – Experienced Stockperson –
- Mustering on horseback and motorbike, drafting, weaning, marking, vaccinating and other aspects of animal husbandry.
- Monitoring health and condition of livestock, shoeing and health of horses and other animals.
- Monitoring pastures, water and fodder supplies.
- Conducting general cattle farming/station operations.
- Maintaining plant and vehicle functionality; diesel generators and solar systems.
- Operation of Plant and equipment to minimize maintenance required.
- Efficient, effective and timely maintenance of fences, equipment and water supplies.
- Managing, planning and communicating with management.
- Participation in all aspects of station life to ensure a safe and harmonious team.
Experience & Licence requirements:
- At least 2 years of livestock industry experience.
- Low stress stock handling competence.
- Demonstrated ability to operate heavy machinery.
- Demonstrated Machinery maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain Water supplies; particularly bores.
- Auto electrical experience will be highly regarded.
- Current manual motor vehicle licence essential; preferably truck.
The Casual Childcare Position –
- A strong love of children essential, at least 12 months proven experience with children of ages 0-5years.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with young children, proven reliability, honesty and maturity.
- Ability to plan meaningful, fun and age appropriate learning and play activities for one child aged 2.
- Keep a clean and organised environment, the role will include some domestic duties which are not limited to: cooking, cleaning, ironing, light gardening, and animal care (chooks, dogs) when required.
- The successful applicant (partner) must be at least 18 years’ old.
- You will need to have attained (or be working towards), as a minimum, a Certificate III qualification in Early Childhood Education.
- As well hold a current police check and working with children check acceptable in the state of Queensland.
- Obtain or hold a current first aid qualification.
- Be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident or have a relevant visa to allow employment on a continuous basis for 12 months or more. The In Home Care scheme requires a person to work as a contractor under an ABN, so to apply for one will be required.
If you are interested about this job, please contact Luke Murray at email@example.com or 0749835284 / 0458764450
"I worked with the Burnett Group for over 5 years and can not speak highly enough of the support and guidance that I received in this time. I was initially employed as a Stationhand, however then moved into the Headstockman position at Frankfield. My partner Holly and I were sad to leave, but we have left with a great memories and the knowledge to pursue other interests in the beef cattle industry."