Working couple required for January 2021
This dynamic and career developing opportunity is best suited to an established working couple (a Full Time and a Casual Role) are available for a January 2021 start. People who are keen to learn, work together in a team for the best outcomes and develop their career in the livestock industry should apply.
Situated on a family owned cattle station ‘Mt Hope’, 195km north of Clermont, 215km South of Charters Towers on the Belyando River.
The 50,000ac property runs approx. 4500hd of livestock and is part of a larger aggregation which would require travel at times to work on other properties only 2 hrs drive away.
There will be full-time work for the male and casual work for the partner which will consist of providing childcare for the managers children to enable their work program. In Home Care qualifications are necessary for success (see Childcare Position Description). Should the opportunity arise, there will be outside station work for the partner as well sometimes on a full-time basis during the busy times. Other work may be available nearby, with a roadhouse/restaurant only 16km down the road and other employment may be available on surrounding stations.
Accommodation is private, fully furnished, fully airconditioned with split systems in all rooms and very well maintained. The 3-bedroom cottage is fully fenced with detached 2 bay undercover carport, reliable satellite internet is connected, Telstra home phone connection and satellite TV is supplied.
Beginning remuneration will be based on experience and determined during a 3-month trial period. Included with the wage is meat, power, domestic supplies, internet and phone connection. For the partner a casual rate will need to be determined, this will be based on the In Home Care Scheme for childcare duties and when doing station work a casual day rate will be agreed and will be in relation to experience.
The Full Time Role – Experienced Stockperson –
- Mustering on horseback and motorbike, drafting, weaning, marking, vaccinating and other aspects of animal husbandry.
- Monitoring health and condition of livestock, shoeing and health of horses and other animals.
- Monitoring pastures, water and fodder supplies.
- Conducting general cattle farming/station operations.
- Maintaining plant and vehicle functionality; diesel generators and solar systems.
- Operation of Plant and equipment to minimize maintenance required.
- Efficient, effective and timely maintenance of fences, equipment and water supplies.
- Managing, planning and communicating with management.
- Participation in all aspects of station life to ensure a safe and harmonious team.
Experience & Licence requirements:
- At least 2 years of livestock industry experience.
- Low stress stock handling competence.
- Demonstrated ability to operate heavy machinery.
- Demonstrated Machinery maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain Water supplies; particularly bores.
- Auto electrical experience will be highly regarded.
- Current manual motor vehicle licence essential; preferably truck.
The Casual Childcare Position –
- A strong love of children essential, at least 12 months proven experience with children of ages 0-5years.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with young children, proven reliability, honesty and maturity.
- Ability to plan meaningful, fun and age appropriate learning and play activities for one child aged 2.
- Keep a clean and organised environment, the role will include some domestic duties which are not limited to: cooking, cleaning, ironing, light gardening, and animal care (chooks, dogs) when required.
- The successful applicant (partner) must be at least 18 years’ old.
- You will need to have attained (or be working towards), as a minimum, a Certificate III qualification in Early Childhood Education.
- As well hold a current police check and working with children check acceptable in the state of Queensland.
- Obtain or hold a current first aid qualification.
- Be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident or have a relevant visa to allow employment on a continuous basis for 12 months or more. The In Home Care scheme requires a person to work as a contractor under an ABN, so to apply for one will be required.
If you are interested about this job, please contact Luke Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0749835284 / 0458764450
What our past employees say?
"I worked with the Burnett Group for over 5 years and can not speak highly enough of the support and guidance that I received in this time. I was initially employed as a Stationhand, however then moved into the Headstockman position at Frankfield. My partner Holly and I were sad to leave, but we have left with a great memories and the knowledge to pursue other interests in the beef cattle industry."